Children’s Cancer Partners (CCP), whose mission is to provide resources, community, and loving compassion to children with cancer and their families, is seeking a Family Advocate and a Bilingual Family Advocate to join our team serving families across the Carolinas. The hybrid positions are based in our office in Durham, NC or Spartanburg, SC.
Position provides social work services to families whose child has been diagnosed with cancer and referred to (CCP). Support families on their cancer journey to ensure they get to treatment and empower them by assessing needs and providing resource connection, case management, psychosocial support, and direct assistance.
- Complete intake and needs assessments for families referred.
- Provide individualized assistance, psychosocial support, crisis intervention, and case management to an assigned caseload of CCP families.
- Coordinate and implement programs and activities to meet the psychosocial needs of families.
- Comply with CCP privacy policies and procedures regarding confidential information.
- Share concerns and suggestions for CCP improvement and contribute to strategies that enhance CCP performance and growth.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of family interactions and services provided.
- Contribute to strong relationships with referring pediatric cancer treatment centers that promote timely referrals and coordination of treatment support.
- Assist the Director, Family Programs in planning and building activities and programs that meet the emotional and social needs of families throughout treatment, survivorship, and bereavement
- Advocate and negotiate on behalf of families and patients with local and national systems.
- Support the work of the organization by identifying families who would be good ambassadors for media, marketing, grants, fundraising stories, etc.
- Travel as needed to connect with families, and attend CCP events including, but not limited to, annual staff retreat, staff events, and family weekend camps
- Participate in occasional evening and weekend assignments and a few overnight commitments throughout the year
- Other duties as appropriate and assigned
Position Requirements and Skills Include:
- Commitment to excellence in supporting children battling cancer
- Master’s degree in Social Work required
- Minimum of four years of experience working with children, youth, and families
- Experience in case management, crisis intervention, mental health, and managing multiple priorities
- Experience working with pediatric oncology population preferred
- Ability to build relationships quickly, be empathetic while ensuring a high degree of self-care
- Bilingual family advocate must have proficiency in written and verbal Spanish language
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with multicultural/diverse populations
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to perform routine office work, lift up to 25 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s license
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can send cover letter and resume to Shannon@ChildrensCancerPartners.org