Clinical Counselor/Social Worker
Location: Mill Spring, NC
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm
- Develop trusting, authentic, working relationships with residents and the residents’ therapist to form a core clinic team.
- Develop relationships with residents’ family members, and/or external care providers by providing support and feedback on biweekly calls
- Develop and lead each Recovery Team including leading meetings and giving consistent communication
- Empower residents in creating their personal Recovery Plans and provide feedback on progress and challenges
- Collaborate with the residents and clinical teams to ensure expectations and goals are clear and to promote movement through the program
- Lead and direct residents’ transition process between program levels and/or discharge
- Works from a strength-based approach, using Motivational Interviewing, and other modalities
- Master’s Degree in either Social Work, Counseling, or allied field
- Experience working with adults with mental health challenges
- Strong organizational, communication, and collaboration skills
- Good judgement and will value supervision
- Ability to balance flexibility with appropriate boundaries and comfortable providing feedback to others
- Superior relationship skills, education, and life experiences to facilitate planning and implementation of goals
For more information about CooperRiis, please visit our website at: www.cooperriis.org and see other Clinical opportunities open in Mill Spring, NC and Asheville, NC.
Interested in applying or have more questions on the position, please contact:
Amanda Mastroianni at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-802-0894
*CooperRiis is a therapeutic healing community located in Mill Spring. We are a Smoke/Drug/Alcohol Free Facility.
* CooperRiis strives to maintain high standards of safety for our employees and residents during COVID-19 by following State and CDC guidelines. All staff are required to follow the COVID-19 protocol with no exceptions. This includes, but is not limited to: temperature monitoring, social distancing, wearing a mask, wearing other protective gear as necessary for the position, cleanliness, and hand washing.